- Are you a current or future fire service professional who is preparing to get hired or promoted in the fire service?
- Are you a current or future fire officer (company officer or chief officer) who wants to just refresh your knowledge, skills, and abilities, or just be the best you can
If you fall into one of the above two categories, this website will provide some value and expertise to assist you or others!
We are here to assist you with meeting your career goals of getting hired or promoted in the fire service, or with being the best you can be, regardless of
your rank. We specialize in providing information, mentoring, and of course training and education in the areas of Officer Development (Company Officer & Chief Officer), Leadership, Succession
Planning, Career Development, Entry-Level Firefighter Preparation, and Promotional Preparation.
Steve Prziborowski is available for speaking engagements - keynotes, seminars, workshops, classroom & pre-conference sessions. Some of the Steve's more popular current offerings
- Courage under fire: Being the best Fire Service Professional you can be!
- Courage under fire: Being the best Fire Officer you can be!
- Courage under fire: Lessons learned AFTER getting the badge!
- Courage under fire leadership: Company Officer Academy
- Successfully transitioning from Firefighter (or Engineer) to Company Officer
- Successfully transitioning from Company Officer to Battalion Chief
- Successfully transitioning from Battalion Chief to Executive Chief Officer
- How to Excel at Fire Department Promotional Exams
- What do they want to hear? The promotional oral interview
- CHAOS should not stand for Captain (or Chief) Has Arrived On Scene!
- 10 Steps for success in the fire service promotional process / Thinking about taking a promotional exam, if so, start preparing now!
- What's keeping you from getting promoted?
- Here's the badge, don't screw it up!
- Survival skills for the newly promoted Company Officer
- Survival skills for the newly promoted Chief Officer
- Who's the boss? Better yet, where was the designated adult?
- Top 10 contributing factors to Firefighter LODDs and serious injuries
- 101 Drills for the Company Officer / The Company Officer as the Training Officer of their crew.
- 10 Commandments of a great Fire Officer
- 10 MORE Commandments of a great Fire Officer
- Creating a Career Development Action Plan!
- 7 Deadly Sins - 7 Ways to Win!
For more information and to get a price quote, please click the Hosting A Class link.
Steve was the recipient of the 2020 Ronny Jack Coleman,
Leadership Legacy Award, presented in Orlando, FL on March 3, 2020.
This annual award recognizes an individual who holds a designation through the Commission on Professional Credentialing and who exemplifies the ability, character, and
dedication to lifelong learning and displays the leadership attributes embodied by Chief Ronny Jack Coleman.
The CPC Ronny Jack Coleman Leadership Legacy Award was given to Deputy Fire Chief Stephen Prziborowski, CFO, CTO. Chief Prziborowski earned his first Chief Fire Officer
designation in 2008 and then Chief Training Officer in 2014. He then became a peer reviewer for CPC and is very active in encouraging others across the nation to become credentialed.
Photo Credit: Some of the fireground action photos on this website, were taken by Craig Allyn Rose, the best Fire Service professional photographer I am aware of. Visit his
website for lots of great pictures taken from around the Silicon Valley area of Northern
California, on the fireground as well as the training ground, and even during special events such as promotional ceremonies.